Thursday, October 23, 2008

Webster's Guffanti Chicken Cartoon

I have tried since Sunday to figure out how to post the Webster political cartoon showing Guffanti, Anderson and Fernandez as chickens afraid of the PTA (the big bad wolf). Many of us were delightfully surprised to see it published in the Sunday edition of the NCTimes.

In past VUSD school board campaigns about this time in the campaign season, we would see one of Mark Thornhill's nasty "puppet" cartoons making fun of the candidates who support Public Education. So it was a real pleasure to see the NCTimes actually being a tiny bit critical of Guffanti and his group. Your phone calls to the editor of the NCTimes are paying off.

Sadly my computer skills have not yet been up to reducing the cartoon in "size", reformating, whatever I am supposed to do for it to show up on the blog.
I can post pictures. I tried putting it into my picture file but still could not get it on the blog. To see the excellent Webster cartoon point your browser at this web address:
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/20/opinion/cartoon/local/webster102008.txt

Enjoy!

No comments: